Sunday, April 11, 2010

Xerox Project



Ok...So I am FINALLY posting pictures. I am sorry it took a while. First, i have to admit this was actually really fun to do. I always saw in the typical American movies the crazy guy who took copies of himself in a xerox machine. Never in my wildest dreams had this idea crossed my mind. Although i did felt curiosity to see the real outcomes.
I went to the library with Javier and photocopied some body parts. I did my hands, my face, and the hardest one, without a doubt was my feet. I thought i was going to break the machine but luckily nothing happened and we managed to get the task done! And, to our benefit, we got it done while having a good time, experiencing something new, and even scandalizing some old ladies and gossipers who were passing by giving us disapproval rules. It felt good to laugh at their dismay looks, i bet that is exactly what Marcel Duschamp and Andy Warhol felt! It feels good to break the rules in such a way in which you are not hurting anyone...we were just having fun! :D
P.S.: My xerox project was supposed to be a butterfly, but it ended up not looking like one!! I wanted to incorporate the collage technique along with the xerox parts, but it ended up looking like something really abstract...I hope you liked it though!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely see the butterfly in your piece and I think it is really pretty! I thought it was so cool when you had the space for a mirror/face at the top. Great concept with the idea that everyone is one, and you see your own self in the work. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete